This week there was a National League meeting for all clubs, basically looking at the steps and measures that will need to be put in place and observed in order for football to return as scheduled on 3rd October. It was an interesting meeting, with a lot of information provided and clarity given in relation to some of the key questions that clubs asked but it is a complex subject and we will not be in a position to confirm details until we are further down the process.
What we can do is provide an update about some of the fundamentals:-
· The firm intention is to start back on 3rd October with crowds in stadia, although of course this might be subject to events in the wider world
· No guidance has been given on capacity limits yet, but proposed capacities must be calculated in line with the published methodology and agreed with the local authority's licensing officer
· At this point in time the admission of away fans is still permitted in principle, but every club will need to assess this for its own circumstances
· Live-streaming of league matches is currently prohibited by the FA
· Drinking within the stadium (ie within sight of the game) is still contrary to legislation for the National League and above
There are a number of aspects where a relaxation in legislation or regulations might help clubs in these difficult times and they will be looked at, but for the time being we will need to work within existing parameters.
Closer to home, keep a watchful eye on the website for news of two more signings, which we were delighted to confirm this week as we prepare “on the pitch” too for the upcoming campaign.
Still the best way to support your club right now is to buy yourself a season ticket. The early bird deal expires at the end of August and, until we have more certainty about the initial stadium capacity in the new environment under which we will all need to operate, we have limited season ticket sales to 750 at this time. We presently have just under 200 available so make sure you secure yours ASAP. The easiest way to purchase is on line www.suttonunited.net/season-tickets. The club office (tel 0208 644 4440) is also open Mon-Thu mornings where you can buy and collect pre-bought season tickets.
A quick word of thanks from Adrian to those people who have already signed up to the Strikers are Key scheme for the new season. If you are a syndicate member who hasn't heard from him or you want to join in the fun afresh, e mail him on email@example.com. He'll be delighted to hear from you!