We are delighted to announce that we have just received notification from the police, the National League and our Licensing Officer that we are able to accommodate a limited number of supporters for our forthcoming home matches at Gander Green Lane, starting this Saturday, 5th Dec, against Solihull Moors (3pm kick off). .
Welcome back !
This is obviously terrific news but we are sure all supporters will appreciate that there are a number of measures, which we all must observe, to ensure this long-awaited return of fans to our stadium operates smoothly within the protocols required of us.
- our initial revised capacity will be limited to 1,100 spectators in order to ensure that all mandatory social distancing measures are observed
- no away fans will be permitted to attend matches as decreed by the Government
- priority access to matches will be given to Sutton United season ticket holders
- we are required to record contact details of everyone attending the stadium; we are therefore asking all supporters to closely observe all the measures outlined in our code of conduct for return of supporters.
Time is obviously very tight ahead of Saturday's match and so the plan is as follows:
- Our 750 season Ticket holders will shortly receive an e mail explaining how to secure a match ticket.
- Each season ticket holder will receive a unique code in this e mail which they must use when applying for a match day ticket. This code will generate a match ticket at no cost. NB Your season ticket will NOT enable you to gain access to a match, you MUST apply for a match day ticket on line and present the ticket at the turnstile on match day on your phone or downloaded in paper form. It is very important that we know exactly how many people are coming to and attend each match and for us to have their contact details.
If you are a season ticket holder and you do not receive this e mail or cannot reserve your match day ticket for whatever reason, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the club office (0208 644 4440) which is open on Thursday and Friday morning (10am to 12.30pm)
- Season ticket holders will have priority access to secure their ticket for Saturday's match v Solihull Moors until 12 noon on Friday morning at which point remaining unsold tickets for this match will go on general sale via our website www.suttonunited.net/match-tickets.
Please do not try to buy a match ticket for Saturday's game before 12 noon on Friday if you are not a season ticket holder - your application will be rejected.
Please note that this is not a time to relax or slap ourselves on the back. The conditions that apply to games, in terms of our Covid19 Protocols, Regulations and Guidelines that are in place must be followed by everyone. If the authorities think that the Club is not able to ensure that spectators observe the requirements then permission to admit spectators can be withdrawn much more easily than it was granted. The full set of requirements will be posted on our website on Thursday 3rd December, but here is a brief summary of the key points:-
Nobody will be admitted without a match ticket (free to S/T holders).
Face coverings are mandatory when queuing to enter or exit, for the toilets or for the snack bars, or when moving around the ground. They are also mandatory in the grandstand.
The club's bars are not open.
Spectators are required to spread out around the ground. The terraces have been marked and stewards are instructed to politely ask people to spread out if the numbers exceed permitted density levels. Spectators should stay in the same area all game, do not change ends at half-time.
Smoking and vaping are not permitted in the stadium.
Stadia must be divided into red and amber zones. The red zone is essentially for participants and, apart from medical and selected safety personnel, nobody may cross between zones.
If anyone deliberately or repeatedly refuses to obey polite instructions to conform to the regulations they will be removed from the stadium and may not be allowed to acquire tickets for future games.
That all sounds a bit officious but the bottom line is that we all have to play our part if we want to be able to have spectators in the ground. The team has made a great start to the season and all that has been missing is YOU.
We cannot wait to see you all again on Saturday and hope you understand the reasons why the above measures must be strictly observed. For the avoidance of doubt, please note you will NOT be able to gain access to forthcoming matches with your season ticket unless you have downloaded a match day ticket on your phone or in paper form.
Thank you for your outstanding support. See you on Saturday!