Sutton United College Partnership Team
Sutton United Football Club College trials (for 16-18 year olds)
Are you a talented young footballer?
Do you want to train and play within a professional EFL Football Club?
Do you want a first class education which will help you to work in any professional environment?
If the answer is YES, we want to see you at the Sutton United Football College trials!
Sutton United Football Club College Team Trials
The football trials allow young players (aged 16-18) a unique opportunity to test their skills in front of qualified UEFA-accredited coaches who will ascertain if you will be able to withstand the rigours of our football programme. Players will be able to experience what it’s like to train, play and study within a safe professional football Club environment and decide if this programme is right for them.
If successful, you will:
- Play in one of the best and most challenging leagues.
- Be part of a innovative training and development programme designed to nurture talented young people whilst being developed to play in the Sutton United first team and beyond.
- Be part of an EFL League 2 Football Club and learn how to be professional football players whilst undertaking an excellent academic programme.
John Ruskin College
We believe in the person and the footballer. Players on the JRC & SUFC College Partnership combine football with a BTEC qualification delivered at John Ruskin College, benefiting from both first-class football training and an excellent educational environment. As this is a Study Programme, students who have not achieved grade 4 or C at GCSE will continue to study for these qualifications. In this way, Sutton United students can progress towards a long-term future in the football and wider sports industries.
How does the process work?
Step 1 - Register
Check out upcoming trial dates HERE
Register for the football trials by filling in your details HERE
Step 2 - Trials
Show us your footballing skills at the football trials! If you're successful, you'll be selected to continue on and join the SUFC College Team.
Step 3 - Your College course
You'll be placed on a Sports course at John Ruskin College so you can work towards your sporting goals whilst gaining an education.
Below are the Sports courses on offer at John Ruskin College.
- Sport Level 1 Introductory Diploma (Full Time)
- Sport Level 2 Extended Certificate (Full Time)
- Sport Level 3 Extended Diploma (Full Time)