Jason Reynolds, Amber 500 Organiser, provides the following update.
“ As mentioned at the recent Meet the Manager session, ticket sales for the Amber 500 draw are behind where we would like to be right now, with 152 currently sold out of the 500 available ...with the big draw being made in just over 8 weeks' time.
There have been some questions asked on the forum and via social media recently and maybe this is a good time just to remind everyone about the background to, and importance of, this scheme to the club.
The idea behind the draw was actually unveiled by Dos at the Q&A meeting we held in the MBA Lounge back in March, at which we identified four key fundraising projects to help us to continue to challenge in the National League. The Amber 500 draw was one of those projects. Proud of our status as a “fans-owned” club it asked our growing number of supporters, who have enjoyed super low season ticket prices for several seasons now, to really back this scheme and help bridge some of that financial gap we needed to fill. Funds raised from it were to go towards funding the team's away travel in the National League.
That message, strongly conveyed by Dos back in March, is even more important now than it was then. The support of our brilliant fans has never been more vital and if every season ticket holder bought even a quarter of a share in a ticket (just £25), we would be very quickly sold out. With no game next Saturday and therefore no expense to incur watching the U's for this one week, how about supporting the club by buying a share in an Amber 500 ticket instead? Join in with some friends and form a syndicate; alternatively we can organise a syndicate for you. This is YOUR club.
The three cash prizes will be drawn on New Year's Day at half time during the match v Woking. But there are also three “non-cash prizes” and we have now decided that these three will be drawn at half time during the match v Wrexham on 21st December ..so it's possible to win twice! Some more news on what these non-cash prizes are:
1. Travel with the team for two people to FC Halifax Town on 15th Feb and enjoy all pre match hospitality including lunch and Grandstand seats as afforded to SUFC officials.
2. We are very grateful to Matt Gray and his team for offering two people a unique “behind the scenes” insight to matchday preparation prior to our televised match v Yeovil on 28th December ( or an alternative match if the winners can't make that game). Join him, his management team and the players in the changing room 90 minutes before kick-off and be a part of the pre-match talks, preparation and build up to this important game which has the added attraction of being televised live on BT Sport. With Boardroom hospitality also offered as part of this prize, watch the match from the centre section of the grandstand and then help conduct the “Strikers are Key” draw after the match and don the gold jacket. A varied and unique prize!
3. Something a bit different. Again for two people. Immerse yourself in, and be a part of, the “World of Entertainment” both close to home and away from Gander Green Lane. Choose a match in 2020 to join the SUFCTV team on the gantry and maybe help out with the live commentary and get a unique “bird's eye view” of the game. It's great up there! Then, watch this space for the second part to this prize for a treat with a difference if you like your live music. Full details will be revealed very soon.
Then, of course, there are the big cash prize draws which will be made on New Year's Day when 20% of all funds raised will be won. So; if we sell all 500 tickets, and we really would ask that everyone gets involved so that we do just that, then one ticket holder or syndicate will walk away with £7,000 and two others with £2,000 and £1,000 respectively.
There are only two months to go before the draws. This is YOUR club and we've got to where we are by really being “in it” all together. So; get yourselves a ticket or a share of a ticket by:-
- going on line https://www.suttonunited.net/product/amber-500-ticket/
- phoning or calling in to the office ( 020 8644 4440) Mo- Thu 10-12.30
- seeing one of our sales ambassadors at any home game. Click here if you don't know who they are.
Let's do this.”